Monday, January 27, 2014

9 WEEK CHALLENGE

So myself along with my mother-in-law and two of my sister-in-laws are starting a new 9 week health challenge today! We participated in one last summer, but decided to change it up this time. Instead of a set list of goals for everyone we each got to pick our own. I like this because I think I will be more likely so stick to the dang thing! I mean you can tell me to keep a good journal as much as you want but I will fail miserably after 2 days of it. It's just not my thing. So by choosing our own goals hopefully we will have crazy success. The whole point of it is to get us started being healthy. 9 weeks is the time frame so that we can build these habits and hopefully they stick within after the 9 weeks is up!

So I decided for some extra motivation to stick to my goals I am going to post my list here so that everyone knows about it and I will be even more motivated to stick to it! 


1.NO CANDY!
2. NO SODA!
Numbers one and two are my New Years resolutions... But since they are health related I included it... Because it is still a challenge! 

3. Werrrkkit! (At least 4x a week)
My goal is to work out at least 4 days a week. I know it might seem low to some people, but I know I can work out more than that but if I put 5 days a week on the list and don't do it one week I will feel so defeated! 

4. 64oz of water a day.
You guys don't even know how bad I am about drinking water lately. Horrible. That's right. Horrible. 

5. No eating after 7pm.
I am going to try for 6 but with devans work and school it is sometimes later and we really like to have meals together:) and I know some days it is out of our control (like if we are with friends or family) so that is why I put 1 cheat day. 

6. Go to the temple 1x a week! 
This one is more spiritual health but I felt like it needed to be included. We have been so busy that we have been putting this kn the back burned and I seriously miss it.

7. Get ready 4 COMPLETE days a week..
This one is super embarrassing. i know! but here's the thing… most days i wake up and go to work where i am just with kids all day. Then I come home and Devan is at work or school or studying all night. So I keep telling myself nobody will see me so it doesn't matter. So most weeks I usually only end up getting dressed up 2 or 3 times. SO. I know that I feel better and more productive when I am ready and looking my best and I am going to do it! (I think Devan will appreciate it too… even though he says he thinks I am pretty anyways).

So those are my goals! And of course eating healthy too! I am excited for the next 9 weeks:) You should all join in! Just make a list of the goals YOU want and start today. It's only 9 weeks and you can do it.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10